Sunday, June 26, 2005

Finally a well earned weekend...

Classes/training finished 2 hours late, as usual, on top of all on a Friday and this time I didn’t have my usual healing at the end of the day (although it has as a consequence very few hours of sleep and people asking me why I’m so pale ;) But without this certain spiritual healing I couldn’t do this…
Now happy stuff, I bought this week nearly all the albums I still didn’t have of Beck (only One Foot in the Grave wasn’t at site, but 45 euros was a total madness on only one day and with no salary to smooth stuff) and here comes the really sad thing! Yes, once again! Tomorrow Mr. Beck is performing at Festival da Ilha do Ermal and tomorrow, or better saying, today is Sunday and Ilha do Ermal is about 5 hours, by car, from Lisbon! Unfortunately, Beck will start most probably at 1 o’clock in the morning and I’ve training at 9 o’clock in the morning so as you can guess there won’t be any Beck for me… :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Although I still doubt it, because somehow Beck as forgotten that he’s playing there because if you check his site you can see that his last gig is at Spain (http://www.beck.com/tour/index.php) not Portugal and the webmaster never forgets to put our country down… But that is wild dreaming, as well as dreaming that he’ll come soon to Coliseu dos Recreios in Lisbon… My only fear is that tomorrow he’ll see so few people at the festival that he may think that we no longer enjoy him and that it’s not worth coming back… It’s the second concert I miss in a row and what’s hard is knowing I could have gone to the last, but sometimes you just have to do some huge sacrifices… Maybe I’ll grab one of these days a plane to London, with my best friend, and see him there, preferably at a small club! Oh, well dreaming does no harm, does it? Here goes his new video (http://www.beck.com/news) and I really hope people enjoy the one of the best concerts of their life in a few hours, I can only be there in spirit and hoping that my favorite radio (http://www.antena3.pt/) can transmit the concert, hopefully all the concert…


No comments: