Thursday, June 02, 2005

Another Job Interview, thoughts on it and shopping :(

Well today I got up at 6 am to arrive at Lisbon about 8 am and catch jam traffic as usual ;) But I got in time for my job interview at Ernst & Young where we did some team work and in the end the dreadful job interview. I’m really bad at “selling” myself, although with so many job interviews I’m finding it easier to just chute the first adjectives I can think of, preferably, those that I think the company is looking for, because it’s so hard to state one’s qualities, I really can’t think of many… In fact, I can stay the whole day just pointing my shortcomings, but if I did so I would never get a job… After talking with my best friend, I think recruiters should change their recruiting process and interview our best friends, after all they are the most fit to say which are our real qualities and state those shortcomings that wouldn’t harm us in a job interview! I’m sure of one thing I could “sell” my best friend to any company, because I’m completely sure about his qualities and his competence!

So after a joyful morning pretending I’m in a consulting firm and a job interview I was prepared to wait for my best friend (now that he’s doing exams I don’t even have weekends to see him), be with him and then doing something I really hate: doing shopping for me, specially when it suits ;)

But eventually after looking in about 5 shops and getting very, very, sore feet due to the bloody shoes (I really need to invest in a pair of Dr. Martens Mary Jane’s) I was wearing - and just whishing I had my Dr. Marten boots – I found a red blazer, 2 red trousers and a red t-shirt, besides a red casual dress and wonders of wonders a black skirt! I actually bought a skirt for work, of course it’s long enough to nearly reach my ankles and thus cover my whole legs ;)

So no swimming today, but yesterday I managed to do 1250 meters (and this morning, besides my arms, my legs were also complaining ;)

Tomorrow I’m going to help my father so I really don’t know if there will be time for swimming before 9:30 pm :(

No comments: