Thursday, January 26, 2006

Hamas

Today I was surprised at breakfast that it seemed Hamas was going to gain the elections in Palestina, which is just ore of the most frightening news I have heard lately. I still remember that when the first Gulf War started I was scared that the 3 World War could start, and this fear still lived with me for a while.

Eventually I started to think that the world had learnt it's less and would not allow that easily that a conflict of that scale would occur. Yes, there were always going to be regional conflicts, always atrocities happening with the world too coward, cynic and selfish to intervene and has much as I hate this attitude, I became less scared of a 3 World War, mainly because most wars and atrocities were being started/committed by unscrupulous, greedy people who manipulate desperate people and brainwash them so they became radicals willing to die and kill innocent people in name of a God or cause (where the hatred for USA is so useful to gain power and money)...

But now we have reached the unthinkable: terrorists reaching power, democratically elected! That was the worst thing that could happen for a free Palestine and peace in that region, because terrorist acts can never be justifiable... I shiver at the idea of were radicalism has reached and at may be expecting for us in a near future...

No comments: