Monday, January 23, 2006

Blind / Deaf

On Sunday while I was driving I was also remembering the conversation I just had about getting blind, I was told that blind can still hear those who they love! I said yes and as long as I could learn Braille and be able to still read, because I couldn't imagine living without ever be able to read again.

But has I was hearing The Good Fellows I remembered an editorial that I had read a few weeks before, about musicians who where deaf or becoming dead and how now Ipods posed new threats to normal people has them mean much more hours of hearing music with headphones and has they reach a volume higher than recommended, there is the danger that people can become deaf. The editorial was warning it's readers to be careful has the idea of having a new album on your hands and only be able to appreciate its design is a frightening thought...

I can't agree more, the thought that was crossing my mind as I was hearing the Guerolito's songs was that becoming deaf would be worse for me than becoming blind. I would never be able to see the world, its beauty, the people I love most, and their smiles and has much as that would hurt, I still could feel... But not being able to hear the voices of those I love most, not being able to listen to music, seems to horrible because although you can still see the physical reactions of those you love most or feel the vibrations of music it is never the same, at least music would lose most of it's feeling, like the one we feel when we hear the sound of a electric guitar or a violin or one of those voices/lyrics that reaches deeply our soul!

No comments: