Monday, August 15, 2005

No posts for so long...

Yeah, I know it’s been a long time and now I’ve hardly anytime to say all that has happened!
Last weekend I was in Sudoeste, the biggest summer festival in Portugal (although not with the best set line this year, as the fact that I saw nearly all the concerts in the secondary stage and not the main stage proves)! Well as I didn’t take any photos here goes the link to my favorite blog http://eunaovoulermais.blogspot.com

I was able to see some great concerts, but as they were mainly in the secondary stage I found them too short :( Anyway, LCD Soundsystem, Peaches, Josh Rouse, Devendra Bahart, Wraygunn, The Kills are all highly recommended so if you have a chance to see them don’t miss them! And Peaches is my kind of woman Hell to Man and their Pussy Sexuality that can’t Handle a True Woman and let’s Rock n’ Roll ;)

Now the down part of my life, I’ve just ended two months of training at CGD (the biggest retail bank in Portugal) and unfortunately the more I get to see how an agency works and how difficult it is to climb the institutional ladder the more depressed I get… At the bright side, at least I know I was right; the last place in earth I want to work in my field is in a bank! If you want a job that makes more stupid everyday, working in a bank agency is the right choice, for the next months I’ll have to endure 7 hours standing per day doing stupid, tedious tasks, where the most interesting part of the job is helping and listening to customers (mainly old people that don’t know how to do certain operations at the ATM’s or actualizing their extract little books – Portuguese know what I’m talking of). Then if I’m lucky I’ll start to open and close bank accounts and if I’m even unluckier I’ll do cashier work and pay from my own pocket every time I’m short of money at the end of the day…

What’s worse is that as I see the other tasks that the other people perform in the agency I fell more desperate as basically they only do prints of information they have available in the intranet, already prepared centrally, ready to print and send the customers prints with their current address and identification numbers so that the regions decide whether or not to approve a certain operation. Can you imagine 45 years of doing prints for the rest of your life, no effort made, specially intellectually, somebody has already thought and decided for you, so your main task is selling banking products to customers, for laughable rewards and on top of all I get to earn in the first 2 years some meager 800 euros per month while living in Lisbon and wasting at least 300 euros in accommodation (and that doesn’t include food and transportation, never mind entertainment or education or sports). So I won’t be able to do big savings, I’m doing the sacrifice of working for working for a job I despise…

I still don’t have a place to live in Lisbon, maybe only for October, and if I waited for my employer to tell me where I was going to stay, not even then I would know as the told me this week to basically fuck off and that they couldn’t see what was the problem of me not knowing where I was going to work in the next months, so that I could find a room in the area. Basically I found a room for October and if they send me too far I will tell them to fuck off as I’m a human being not a bloody number or piece of shit that they can trample. You know what’s worse they told me there were no vacancies close to my hometown and the following day I find out that there was at least one!

So please light up some candles and pray for me, so that I can land with a job in P&G or Diageo, otherwise… ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lerato said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.