Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Little Boys - Cripple Crow

Most people just think this is kind of a gay music with a fantastic beat, Devendra introduced this song in November as a song for men and women, I like to think that it's not only because women can also be lonely sailors but above all because of the first paragraph of the music, all those women who come and go, come and go precisely because men don't seem to ever get enough...


"Life is tough and love is rough

For the man who just can’t ever seem to get enough
The days go by and the women come and go
So many that you decide to get rid of your front door
So you don’t have to hear them all disappear

You just sit and you wait
Staring at your empty plate
And you can say I’m a lonely sailor
Rockin’ gently on my dreams
‘Cause I can have it all, but I don’t want it all
And it ain’t like I’ve never ever ever tried
I've just never been fully satisfied

But just a tie a little shoelace
And to share a sleeping bag
And I look ahead to the days
When I can look back at all the fun that I’ve had
But still, but still, but still..

I see so many little boys I wanna marry
I see plenty little kids I’ve yet to have
Even when the moon goes out
Even when the sea dried out
I still see so many little boys I wanna marry
I see plenty little kids I’ve yet to have now
Even when the sea’s all freeze
And everything’s lying underneath
Even when the sun ceases to shine
I won’t care, I’ll still have on my mind
So many little boys I wanna marry yeah yeah
I see plenty little kids I’ve yet to have

And in the shower I get my dreaming done
I hold my breath and I wait for the day to come
Oh little Billy, little Timmy, little Jimmy, you’re the one
I may not look it, but I swear my heart is young for so many..
Little boys I wanna marry
I see plenty little kids I’ve yet to have you know you know

I've got many little boys I wanna marry, yeah you know
I've got many little kids I've yet to have
Oh oh, Yeah yeah
Little boys I wanna marry, yeah you know
I've got plenty little kids I've yet to have now, yeah you know
I've got so many, so many little boys I wanna marry now, marry now
So many..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...olá vim cá dar um saltinho e deparei-me com este post (tb gosto de Devendra),..... o que se pode fazer ...eles querem tudo..eles querem tudo, e depois admiram-se de não terem o tudo .. e ficarem com o nada preenchido de vazio, e .. com alguma sorte...o nada cheio de alguma coisa que os satisfaça, mas isto não vai mudar, infelizmente acho que vai piorar, cada um vive para si, assim não há discussão, não há compromisso,não há o medo de perda, não há o olhar e saber o que o outro sente ou está a dizer sem palavras... não há o sorriso inocente que une as almas, não há a ressaca de uma paixão não corespondida (que nos faz viver intensamente e que é bom! faz parte da vida!), não há o TUDO que toda a gente procura(ou não!!)... ( que se refira não são so eles, elas cada vez mais tb são assim).

Alguem sábio uma vez disse: para que viver uma vida inteira se não a podermos partilhar com alguem?!
Os Apaixonados deviam se unir e lutar contra esta maré de indiferença, de egoismo, de solidão, de interesses superficiais! e lutar por aquele por do sol unico. Eu luto por isso!

hasta mañana chica ;)