Monday, October 17, 2005

Hora de embarque 21h30 - 20/10/2005

In other words, time of lifting sails ;)

From what I've heard and read these guys seem pretty well centered in a pretty odd way ;) Introducing caos into order seems always a fantastic way of composing and playing music! Anyway the word is that their new album is a must, so if you are curious it's "Feels" and these guys

call themselves Animal Collective (http://www.paw-tracks.com/artists.htm)

Well the sailing bit is because they are going to play in Lisbon in a rather original place, at least, from the point of view of Portugal's reality: they are going to play in one of the ferries that cross Lisbon's river... Unfortunately, the problem of now living once again in my hometown is that going to Lisbon on a weekday and returning means about 15 or more euros just in gas and highway fares, that adding to the fact that my parents will already freak out when they get to know that I'm going to 2 concerts next month in Lisbon on a weekday...

I wished that at least all the sacrifice was well worth it, but I'm waisting loads of money on gas just on trips from my hometown to Santarém and then on top of all I've to eat in coffees every lunch to be a sports and as normally the kitchen where I'm working is being used for training and is so small with no space to eat... So my sacrifice is concerts, CD's and so many other things and all for a job I hate...

The funny thing of having lunch with co-workers is that they all say they hate their jobs, because they are doing tedious work or there is too much pressure to sell at any cost plus tedious work and I've had already a vice-manager of one of the bank branches I worked at saying that I should keep my job until I find something better because the Portuguese economy sucks and will suck in the next years and it will became worse...

So if anybody knows of a dream job in marketing, strategy, please do call me, otherwise I'll have to kill myself ;)

No comments: