Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Ghost World



This is a movie I saw by chance Saturday night while I was updating my father’s database (ya, I missed some images of the movie as it’s impossible to write on your laptop and see a movie at the same time), but at least I heard all the movie and I’m pretty sure I saw a lot of it.

Sometimes you are lucky to see these fantastic movies that you have never heard about, that haven’t even reached Portugal’s independent circuit and this was one of those movies. So this fluke was one of those that will stay in my memory for a while. It’s really a pity most people don’t have the opportunity to see movies that unlike most in the mainstream, actually make you think and are amaze you at how much a character may touch so of you inner thoughts and feelings! This is one of those movies and I highly recommend it, even if most of you have passed already you difficult 18’s, some have decided to start to work and some study and are now starting to work, I really don’t know when does a person really begin to enter his/her young adult life, I suppose it all has to do with how soon you have to face some problems and how soon life disappoints you and your dreams of changing the world start to be slowly crushed…

Anyway it has a great blues song, I know a lot of people will classify it as vintage jazz, but I think it has a blue’s soul and after all most people confuse the two types, although I find them different and I really prefer blues and rock n’ roll.

This one is the best one in the movie:

Devil Got My Woman (Skip James)


Ah! It has a young Scarlet Johanssen and an actor that is gradually going up in my great actor’s list ;)

No comments: